Whenever we go to market we see dozens of varieties of shampoos. Do you feel lost in front of the long walkway of shampoos and conditioners at the mall or supermarket? We know, Choosing and searching for the perfect shampoo can make you break out in a brain sweat. So We’re scratching our heads right there with you. Steps for choosing the right shampoo starts with a very simple step of knowing what kind of scalp you have. We are here to guide you to select the perfect match according to your hair and scalp type, and once you find it, you’ll never look back.
Let’s know our scalp type
1. Dry scalp
Whenever you wash your hair, Do you feel dry, itchy scalp, or have you experienced your head being too tight after shampooing? Then your scalp type might be dry. If your scalp fails to produce enough oil to lock moisture in, the result is dry, brittle strands, which ultimately leads to dandruff.
As for What to choose-
- In such a case, we need shampoo, which can lock moisture for a longer duration. Along with this, this shampoo should have antidandruff activity.
- Moisturizing shampoos not only help to deal with dry scalp but also makes hair more strengthened and shinier.
As for What to avoid-
- Avoid products that may increase -drying. For example fortifying, strengthing, clarifying shampoos, lead to excess removal of moisture.
- Sulfate also shows a drying effect, so try to use sulfate-free shampoos.
- One should avoid excessive washing of hairs.
2. Oily scalp
Whenever you touch your hairs or scalp, Do it feel sticky, greasy? If yes then your scalp type might be oily scalp. Normally how do you fix oily hair problems, you might be prefered to use dry shampoos. While these dry shampoos and cleansers are not a suitable permanent solution for drenching up excess oil and avoiding daily hair washing. So get rid of your dependency on dry and clarifying shampoo. Now It’s time to say goodbye to greasy, oily skin.
As for what to choose-
- Volumizing, strengthing shampoos are non-moisturising shampoos and are best suited to remove excess oil.
- While choosing a shampoo for oily scalp see the silicon in the ingredients list.
- The best shampoos for oily hair and scalp are those that are manufactured with clarifying and exfoliating
- ingredients such as alpha-hydroxy acid which will reduce oil particulates.
- oil-absorbing ingredients like nettle and clay can reduce the greasy appearance of hair.
See ingredients like the blend of coconut water, electrolytes, and coconut oil, all of this will work together to leave your hair strong, silky, and shinier hairs.
As for what to avoid-
- Avoid shampoos that have a moisturizing, hydrating, smoothing effect.
- Avoid application of conditioner on the scalp after shampooing.
Let’s know our Hair type
- Normal Hair- If your scalp has just the right and perfect amount of oil from the sebaceous glands, you are most the lucky person for being among who have a normal scalp. A normal scalp usually does not have dandruff, excessive dryness or oil deposition. So you do not have much to worry about your hair.
- Damaged / brittle hair- If you have thin, brittle hairs with split ends, then you have this hair type. In this condition, your need hair Fortifying and Strengthening shampoos. This type of shampoo is best for damaged hairs.
- Fine hair- In the case of fine hairs, voluminous shampoo is best suited. Hair density is less in this type so voluminous shampoo is best suited in this type.
- Curly Hair- For curly hairs, frizz and dryness are the biggest problems. Curly hairs tend to be on the drier side and tend to get tangled easily. Moisturising and Hydrating shampoo are best suited for curly hairs.
- Straight Hair- straight tends to be natural to oily type.
- Freezy or wavy Hair- If your hair gets frizzier than before or it becomes more unmanageable. This may be a sign that your hair is not getting enough moisture or your shampoo is stripping your hair of its natural oils Always pick Sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners with the added property of Silicones and Proteins to restore moisture to hair strands.
- Coarse Hair- Coarse hairs are thick. A hydrating and moisturising shampoo is best suited for this type of hair. Coarse and rough hair needs frequent and regular shampooing. Use of much hydrating, creamy shampoos infused with Coconut, Olive or Shea Butter; and extra moisturizing conditioners that protect hair cuticles to maintain moisture for extra softness.
- Colour-treated- Hair-color-treated hair needs a little bit extra love and care! Always choose a shampoo that preserves the luminosity of strands, sun protects and prevents the colour from fading. Also, pick conditioners infused with UV filters that prevent colour from fading out.
Types of shampoo for Adorable and gorgeous hairs
1. Clarifying shampoo- For clean hair.
You may have experienced an extra build-up of product /Dirt/ dead cells on the scalp and hair. Oily, greasy hairs makes hair problem worse due to which that dead cells/dirt deposits are difficult for removal. In this case, clarifying shampoo should be preferred for cleansing. One should take care of the following things while using clarifying shampoo –
- Clarify shampoo contains harsh chemical ingredients, so use with caution
- Always apply conditioner to hair after use of clarifying shampoo
- The frequency of using this shampoo should be once per week.
2. Neutralizing shampooing– For maintaining ph of scalp and hair. The million-dollar cosmetics industry gave rise to lots of hair care products with different chemical ingredients. Due to this, the pH level of the scalp is imbalanced. Imbalanced pH gives birth to various hair problems. Neutralizing shampoo restores the pH and makes hair healthier and strong.
3. Chelating shampoo-For immediately cleaning.
It gives action similar to clarifying shampoo. But here chelating shampoo is used to clarify minerals, chlorine, metals deposits. Due to hard water, minerals, chorine, metals get deposited at the scalp. Chelating shampoo clarifies these deposits. As with clarifying shampoo, chelating shampoo is also very harsh, if it is used more frequently. So be cautious while using this.
4. Kreatin shampoo– for Reaparing hair damage.
Keratin is a well-known protein that is present in hair. When the quantity of keratin decreases, your hair starts becoming brittle and damaged. A keratin shampoo helps to avoid the imbalance and repair damage. You can use this shampoo to avoid frizz and get healthier, stronger hair
5. Colour-protecting shampoo-For long term black/any colour of your dye.
After you apply colour to your hair, it is very essential to use shampoos that will restore the colour. If your shampoo is insufficient to restore colour then it makes no sense to spend lots of money on hair colouring. The best colour protecting shampoo will have ingredients like kelp, algae or oil.
6. Volumising shampoo-Addition of business-
Do you have fine hair? Then you must have the desire for voluminous, bouncious high-density hairs, aren’t you? The voluminous shampoo is a boon for one with fine hairs. Voluminous shampoo opens hairs cuticles and promotes hair growth also adds bounciness to hairs.
7. Dry Shampoo-Instant oil removal
For those who are suffering from the high oily, greasy scalp and those who don’t want to clean hair more frequently, Dry shampoo is one of the best solutions for them. Dry shampoo is usually available in powder, liquid or aerosol spray form.
8. Sulfate-free shampoo
Many shampoo manufacturing with various harsh chemical ingredients and sulfate is one of the worse ingredients on the list. Sulfate reduces the moisture of the hair, and cause drying out. As a result of this, hair becomes more rough and brittle. So we should prefer sulfate-free shampoos.
9. Shampoo for wages-
Nowadays, people with short, fine hair or alopecia suffering from patients (may be due to cancer chemotherapy) prefer to use wages. Wages are not similar to natural hairs so it requires different shampoo.
10. Anti breakage shampoo – This type of shampoo is specially manufactured for long and brittle hairs. After shampooing you will get frizz-free, strong and Healthier hairs.
Selecting the perfect shampoo is your hair type can be a daunting task, but with proper information and guidance about your scalp and hair type, you will convert this difficult task into the easiest one. So be wise, and choose the best shampoo for your hair type.