Humans are sensitive creatures. Due to this sensitive nature, they can experience every single little change in the environment. These changes may ultimately affect our bodies. Living on a planet like earth, we are aware about change is the rule of nature. This rule applies to weather also. Skin is the largest organ of our body, which is present external to the very delicate organs. Skin plays an important role in protection. As the skin is the barrier between outside surroundings and internal body organs.
So even small weather changes can ultimately affect more skin. If the changing season is winter, then it creates lots of uncertainties. In winter, we see a drastic loss in humidity and moisture. Along with this, the addition of dry and frigid winter air makes things worst.
These unsteady changes lead to dry, itchy and flaky, chapped skin. Being the largest organ of the body, the skin shows a large difference in its structure, texture, and its function at different parts of the body. If the skin is not similar at all over the body, then how could we follow a similar routine of skincare?
Our Skin at face needs different care than our hands or legs. The skin at the different parts of the body demands different care and protection. So we need to follow different skincare routines as well as use different products to nourish the skin and protect it from an external harsh environment.
One thing should be common in all routines for all skin types. That is applying moisturizer. Moisturizer helps to lock moisture, making skin hydrated and radiant. Just application of moisturizer is not sufficient, a special cleansing routine is also required to keep winter problems away. Let’s see some cleansing tips of the body during winter.
How should You cleanse Skin in the Winter?
1. Avoid the long and hot showers
Bathing for hours and hours, under the hot shower is the most tempting experience for all of us. But are you aware of its undesirable effects? Taking a long hot shower bath may imbalance skins oil and water level. It also leads the dehydration and drying as well as dullness of skin. Hot water leads to excess loss of moisture.
What To avoid
- One should avoid Extremely hot water baths in winter.
- One should avoid harsh and Non-moisturising soaps.
- The duration of taking shower should be less.
- Take a shower of lukewarm water.
- Use moisturizing soaps for cleansing.
- Apply moisturizer immediately after a shower.
2. Wash face only once a day-day
Are you among those who frequently wash their face as desire to have an oil-free, beautiful face? But your this desire may make things critical during this winter; Excessive washing of the face may lead to drying. So we must wash face only once a day, especially in winter. Then when should we wash our faces?
Washing face in the morning is not that much needed in winter. Instead of this, washing the face in the evening will be beneficial as it will help to remove makeup as well as pollution. Also, be careful about your skincare products. In winter we need moisturizing products and products that will leave your skin hydrated for a longer duration.
What to follow-
While selecting cleansing products, see for moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera, multivitamin, panthenol, lavender, etc.
Use oil-based products, thick creams, and moisturizers.
3. Regularly apply moisturizer immediately after the shower
As we are aware of dry and itchy skin problems during winter. These problems are arisen due to the drastic fall in moisture and humidity in the surrounding environment. Due to the loss of moisture, the external environment tends to absorb moisture from our skin. As a result, our skin becomes dry, itchy, cracked, and chapped. It is always advised to apply moisturizer to damp skin, immediately within three minutes after a shower. \
During the application of moisturizer, one should follow the routine of regular application of moisturizer in the morning and evening too. Moisturizer works as a seal or coat to the skin, due to which moisture is locked for a longer duration.
4. Practice gentle cleaning of your lips
What to avoid
- Many of us have a habit of licking lips. Licking lips may immediately moisturize your lips, but it can make drying worse. So stay away from this bad habit.
- In winter, we see, lips may get chapped or flaked. At this instance, we feel embraced. So we find the instant solution of peeling flaked skin of lips. But this may be a very painful and damaging act for lips. So you must try to keep your hands to yourself and don’t peel on the skin of your lips.
What to follow
Whenever you urge to lick your lips or pick flaked skin, then do only one thing, apply lip balm, lip oil, or ointment on the lip.
5. EYE care and cleansing
Along with lips, eyes are also the most delicate part of our face. In winter dry, cold, less humid air can cause drying of the eye. Not only outside cold and harsh air but also the indoor environment is also responsible for dry eyes. If you have already suffered from dry and irritating eyes then never make the mistake of neglecting these winter eye problems. Neglecting dry problems may become problematic in the future.
To avoid this,
- One should wash one eye with cold water before going to bed. Coldwater will help to decrease drying and keep eyes hydrated.
- Do not vigorously rub your eyes.
- Gently cleaning of eyes should be practiced.
6. Cleaning of cracked heels
Do you feel embraced after seeing your cracked and rough heels during winter? Then all you need is to hit the nail on the head. Don’t worry, we are here to guide you. The skin at the cracked heel is more thick and dry than all other parts of the skin. There are chances of infection of soil, bacteria, fungus in the cracked heel. So proper cleaning of the cracked heel is essential.
Following cleaning routine of the cracked heel should be followed by those who face cracking heel problems.
- Put your feet in soapy, lukewarm water.
- Then gently remove thick, hard, dead skin with help of a foot scrubber or pumice stone. Be cautious about scrubbing dry feet, otherwise, it will lead to increase more pain and drying of feet. Water Soaked, the damp foot should be scrubbed.
- Then gently pat your heels and legs to become dry.
- Then apply thick moisturizer or crack healing cream.
7. Hair cleaning Tips during Winter
During winter, the moisture content is deficient in the environment, which makes the scalp dry. When the scalp becomes dry, dandruff problems rise its head. To avoid this, drying of the scalp should be avoided.
- Wash your hair with cool or lukewarm water
- Prefer antidandruff and moisturizing shampoo while cleaning hairs.
- During drying, dry hairs with a cotton towel.
Get ready to tick every tip on the list and get rid of all winter problems. It is better to be late than never. So, this winter, try to focus a little bit more on cleansing skin before things get out of hand. Whenever you feel problems are getting more critical, consult with your dermatologist.
- Winter Beauty Tips for Your Skin
- Natural Remedies for Winter Dry Face
- How To Get Softer Hands Naturally
- Tips To Choose Right Sunscreen
- How to Get Rid of Hard Skin on Feet Naturally