As you grow, slowly-slowly your skin starts losing its elasticity and look like sagging skin. What are the factors for sagging? So, there are many factors for it like sun exposure, pollution, life style, drinking less water. But many people consider genetics as one of the main cause of appearing wrinkles and fine lines on any person’s face. The skin around our eyes is very delicate and soft in comparison to other area of the face. It demands for extra care otherwise you may come to face problems like wrinkles and fine lines. However, it is natural that you would definitely face them means anti-aging is common with everyone but some people come to face it earlier due to many factors. You can control them to come before the time.
As we said above, the area around our eyes are capable to show the signs of early anti-aging because the skin around it is thinner. So, it can get affected easily. So, let’s discuss in some major factors of it in brief.
Factors responsible for wrinkles around eyes
Very less people think that even smoking too can cause wrinkles and fine lines. But some reports says that beside of age, smoking can be big factor for wrinkles. What does it exactly do? Smoking exposes your skin to extra oxidative stress, damaging its collagen and elastin. Smoking also halted circulation to your blood vessels and reduces the quantity of vitamin A.
2. Sun rays
If you use to think that sun will just tan your skin and will only darker your skin tone then, you are wrong to think so. No doubt you have already known about skin cancer and sunrays play the most important role in it. Ultraviolet (UV) rays use to break down the collagen in the skin. Now, what is collagen? Collagen is the main protein in the skin tissues. As per some reports, UV rays leads to an earlier appearance of leathery skin and wrinkles.
3. Facial activities
Do you ever think, your smile or make different kind of faces can give you wrinkles. If not then think on the same factor again. Your every facial expression can develop wrinkle on your face. According to some researches, if you make any facial expression whether you do it consciously or sub-consciously it made difference. By doing any expression again and again, skin starts losing its ability to get back to its original place as your age passes.
According to dermatologist, there are two types of wrinkles, surface lines and deep furrows. Sometimes, wrinkles can be controlled still there are some wrinkles whose treatment are plastic surgery or injections of fillers.
Topical retinoids which are used to be derived from vitamin A and they are useful in reducing fine wrinkles, some pigmentations and skin roughness. You can switch to Over-the-counter (OTC) wrinkle creams, they are easily available in the market of different brands. You can also visit to a dermatologist and ask him for any cream or liquid to reduce wrinkles. Creams which have ingredients like retinol, alpha hydroxyl acids, kinetin, coenzyme Q10, copper peptides and antioxidants. If you have many wrinkles which are not significant as per your age, if you wish then you can also go for the surgery. There are number of surgical options available like laser therapy, facelift, fillers, botox, dermabrasion etc.
Prevent wrinkles around eyes naturally
Prevention does not mean like you will not get wrinkles. But surely, you can prevent to grow more.
Do some facial exercises
You can control wrinkles by controlling your expressions and by doing some exercises. We are suggesting you some exercises to prevent and reduce wrinkles, are mentioned below:-
- Place your fingers on the forehead, keep little gap between your all fingers. So that your forehead and front part of the head get covered.
- Raise and lower your eyebrows as if you are surprised, now.
- Make sure that there are no creases on the forehead.
- Do this exercise for at least 20 times in one set.
2. Exercise -2nd
- Take your eyes right to left. Then, repeat it left to right, top to bottom and bottom to top.
- Don’t move your eyes, only move your eyes.
- Repeat this exercise for 5 times in each direction in one set.
3. Exercise- 3rd
- Pull your lips inside into the mouth.
- Now, put your fingers on the corners of your lips and lightly press on them.
- Pull the corners of your lips in the direction of the ears.
- Now, at last return to the basic position.
- Repeat this exercise for 10 times a day.
- Bring your tongue out of the mouth and try to point it up.
- Turn your head halfway up, then turn to the right.
- Now, lift your chin up and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Then, return back to the basic position and repeat the whole process in another direction.
- You have to repeat this exercise for 5 times in each direction.
- For this exercise, wrap your hands behind your head.
- Then, put them on the border of the hairline on your forehead.
- Try to push your head little bit back with the help of your palms.
- Now, make “O” with your lips and look down. Hold this position for at least 10 seconds. You will feel .some tension on your forehead during the exercises.
- Repeat this exercise 20 times.
Make habit to do exfoliation on regular basis. Because exfoliation can promote the growth of new cell. But be careful while exfoliation, you have to be sure that the product you are going to use, will not cause any harm to your skin because the area around your eyes is more delicate.
Keep the area around your eyes moisturized
Lack of moisture can also increase the chances of having wrinkles and fine lines. You should go for those moisturizers which are rich in ingredients like retinol, hyaluronic acid, and peptides.
Don’t go without sunscreen
Try to avoid sun exposure. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen of high quality like SPF- 30 to SPF-50. But less than SPF 30 would not be a good option. We would suggest you to apply it daily, no matter whether you are going out or staying at home for whole day.