Face is that defined feature that makes you who you are. If defines the standard of beauty around the world, makes people have different opinions of another person due to this and people are more attracted to this very feature. But you have to face a lot of challenges when it comes to skin care. As you grow older, your body goes through hormonal changes and these changes can cause you to have acne and pimples on your face.
The pimple might be severe according to your skin type and how you take care of these pimples. If you are not aware of the right skin type of your own face, then you cannot treat your face with right products suitable for your own skin type.
The skin types present in people throughout the world are:-
- Normal Skin- Normal skin people are blessed with this skin type as any kind of product is suitable for them and their skin remains normal in any weather condition and is less prone to breakouts.
- Dry Skin- When your skin lacks enough moisture and natural oils and appears flaky, this is regarded as dry skin. Dry skin people have to take extra care to keep their face hydrated.
- Oily Skin- When your skin produces extra oil glands and secrete oil through the pores then it can be considered as oily skin. Oily skin can cause bad acne if not properly taken care of.
- Combination Skin- Combination skin people have both dry and oily parts of skin throughout their face. The forehead and nose area is especially oily and are more likely to have acne on the oily regions.
- Sensitive Skin- People with skin have to do high maintenance for their face as no product is perfect suitable on their skin. Sensitive skin can cause lots of breakouts and acne if not taken proper care of.
Facial is basically collective Skin Care treatments done to the face to treat acne, dry skin and any other skin problems. Facials can include masks, steam treatments, exfoliation (both chemical and natural); facial peels and massages using creams and lotions for the easy methods and for the harder costlier methods, you have to go visit a certified aesthetician for treatments like decongestion, microdermabrasion, LED and skin brightening.
However if should be clearly mentioned that a facial cannot promise you flawless acne free skin, but it can help reduce the chances of acne and make your skin a little bit more manageable.
Exfoliation can be done naturally by using a naturally made exfoliating mask or will the use of chemical peels. Chemical peels can be a bit more abrasive and harmful to your skin with frequent use so make sure to get expert opinions before trying on any chemical peel or applying a chemical which could act as an allergen for your skin. Natural peel on the other hand are easy to make with household items and are far better and less abrasive and damage proof to your skin.
Here is a recipe for you to try for yourself at your home with simple household ingredients.
Facial to Get Rid of Pimples (Acne)
Curd-Gram Flour Pack
- Two Tablespoons of Gram flour/Besan
- 1 Tablespoon of Curd
- Mix the besan/gram flour and curd in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your face evenly and let it sit for about 20-25 minutes.
- Wash it off and apply a thin layer of moisturizer.
- You can repeat this process for 2 to 3 times a week.
This pack can remove dirt from pores, and dead skin cells to give you a flawless and glowing skin.
- Steam Treatment- Steaming can help you remove blocked pores and make blemishes more easier to handle but they won’t guarantee you acne free skin instantly.
- Boil water in a big pan, add some drops of essential oil like tea tree oil or some drops of your favorite rose water and let the steam rise up to your face and hold a towel over your head so that the steam don’t escape.
- This steam can help open pores and the water can wash away any gunk left on the pores.
- You can do this once every day for clear oil free skin.
Although peels off face masks are easily available in the market at cheap prices, but the chemicals in them can be questionable. Some store bought masks do not have the ingredients mentioned on the packaging and people with sensitive skin might not have a great time applying those masks.
Here is a simple DIY for a peel off mask to make at home:-
Gelatin, Honey DIY Peel Off Face Mask
This peel off mask is great for acne and pigmentation of skin.
- One spoon of gelatin powder
- Two tablespoons of milk( steamed)
- One spoon of lime juice( freshly squeezed)
- One spoon of honey
- Start the process by mixing one spoon of gelatin powder with steamed milk, and then add honey and lemon juice slowly while you mix them up well.
- If you want to add some moisture to the mixture, you can add a Vitamin E capsule or essential oil like tea tree oil.
- Add a few drops of other essential oils (either peppermint or lavender) to the mixture for a nice consistency.
- Once the mask is ready, apply it on your face using your hands or a clean paint brush.
- Peel the mask off and apply some acne medication if you apply this mask before sleeping.
- You can try this mask once every week.
The most popular method to get rid of acne and acne scars is a face mask. Made of household ingredients, these masks can do wonders to your skin if you use the best ingredients for your skin type.
Here is a simple face mask recipe for acne prone skin:
1.Oatmeal and Coconut Oil Face mask
- Coconut Oil
- Oatmeal (powder or flakes)
- Luke warm water
- Add three tablespoons of oatmeal powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/4th cup of lukewarm water.
- Mix until you’ve reached a fine paste.
- Add two tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it up well.
- Wash your face and neck with lukewarm water and an oil-free facial cleanser to clean your whole face
- Apply the mixture onto your face and let it sit for fifteen minutes.
- When the fifteen minutes time period is over, gently massage your face using small circular motions for another two to three minutes. After the massage, rinse the mask off with cold water.
- Pat your skin until dry preferably with a cotton towel.
2. Avocado Face mask
- Vitamin E
- Chop up the avocado flesh into small cubes.
- Mash them up in a bowl.
- Add One teaspoon of Vitamin E oil or one Vitamin E capsule.
- Mix it up well.
- First you should wash your face and neck with lukewarm water and an oil-free facial cleanser to remove any makeup and open up your pores.
- Apply the mask and let it dry for fifteen minutes.
- First wash off the face mask with lukewarm water, then splash cold water onto your face to close your pores.
- Pat your skin until dry preferably with a cotton towel.
Facial Oil Massage
Face oil can help prevent acne and reduce the chances of breakouts on your skin. It also helps smoothen out dry skin and makes it clean. A carrier oil acting as the base accompanied by any essential oil has wonderful effects on your skin. Not only does it reduce acne and acne scars, it also helps reduce fine line and wrinkles.
- 35ml of Grapeseed oil.
- 35 ml of Jojoba oil.
- 3 drops of Eucalyptus oil.
- Combine all the oils in proper measurement and pour in a glass bottle.
- You can also rub the bottle in the palm of your hands to mix the oils together.
- Then, using a pea sized amount of oil, warm it up in your palms to activate all the ingredients.
- Gently massage the oil onto your skin making sure it is cleansed and exfoliated.
- Don’t forget the skin of your neck as the neck can be the first area to show signs of wrinkles and aging.
Face Sheet Masks
Sheet face masks are the new found beauty secret from East Asian countries where a thin sheet of paper like mask is dipped in various nourishing ingredients good for your skin. These masks provide nourishment and moisturize your skin, hydrating it from the dermal layers. Some masks are also specially designed to fight off acne prone skin. If you do not have sheet masks near you, you can also DIY at home.
You can buy cotton sheet masks online or use cotton paper towels and cut holes up in the nose, eyes and mouth region.
- Rose water
- Tea Tree Oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Combine 3 to 4 drops of rose water, 5 to 6 drops of tea tree oil and 5 to 6 drops of eucalyptus oil in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the ingredients together with a spoon until everything is evenly mixed.
- Gently dip the DIY mask you made or bought into the bowl until it fully soaks up the mixture.
- Remove the mask from mixture and squeeze out the excess liquid until mask does not drip any liquid anymore.
- Place the mask over your face and leave on for thirty minutes.
- You can do this every day and you can see the change in your skin in 2 weeks of use.
Although there are many skin care secrets and facial techniques for acne prone skin, the most important thing to remember is to eat healthy and fresh and drink lots of water. Your healthy body will itself show results by giving the skin a healthy glow. Take care of your skin even in busy schedule so that the effects of it can be seen as you grow older. And if the acne is severe and too hard for you to handle naturally, consult a skin specialist and get medical help immediately.