The saffron comes from a CROCUS flower’s stigma and the flower only blooms for about 2 weeks a year. And about 90% of the world’s saffron we get from Iran. it is considered as one of the expensive spices. It is because from 170,000 flowers we get 100kg flowers which is equal to 1 kg dry flowers. And 1 kg of saffron costs us in India at around Rs. 2,70,000.
Saffron is traditionally used as medicine for improving the cardiovascular system. There are also many medicinal effects that are found in saffron such as anti-cancerous, memory enhancer, etc. Among the health benefits, Saffron also benefits the skin as it contains many vitamins and antioxidants that are beneficial to the skin. because of its anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties, it helps cure acne, helps in the reduction of pigmentation, helps in the removal of tan, blackheads, and many more.
Saffron face packs are one of the ways to achieve skin benefits like pimple reduction, tan removal, and many more. here are few face packs which will help you in achieving skin benefits:
Saffron Face Packs
1. Milk Powder + Saffron
- Add 10-12 saffron strands in 2-3 tablespoons of warm water and let it cool.
- To it add 1 tablespoon of milk powder and mix well.
- If you have dry skin you can add 1 tablespoon of honey as well.
- So, apply the above mixture on your face in the circular motion and let it dry.
- Then slowly by moving your hands in circular motion wash your face.
This mixture helps in the reduction of pigmentation, helps in removing tan.
2. Milk + Lemon Juice + Saffron
- Soak saffron strands in milk for around an hour
- Then add 1-2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the above mixture for at least 15 minutes
- Then wash it off with normal water
- You can also add overnight soaked and grinded sunflower seeds to the mixture for more benefits
This mixture helps in getting rid of skin tan and it is recommended to do it twice a week.
3. Neem + Tulsi + Saffron
- Collect neem, tulsi and grind them to that add few strands of saffron
- Apply this mask on your clean face and leave it for 20 minutes
- Wash it off with clean water
If you are suffering from acne. This face pack is a great anti-acne face pack.
4. Honey + Saffron
- Add few saffron strands to honey
- Apply it on your face and wash it off after 10-15 minutes
- Apply it twice in a wee for better results
If you have dull and dry skin. This is the pack that is meant for you. This mask makes your skin soft and bright.
5. Sandalwood Powder + Saffron + Milk
- To the sandalwood powder add saffron strands and mix milk to it
- Apply it to the affected areas or one can apply to the whole face
This mixture is best to get rid of acne. You just need to put it on the affected area. Regular use is recommended for early recovery.
6. Almond + Saffron
- Soak 5 – 6 almonds and also soak saffron strands for overnight
- Next day grind them
- Apply this paste and after 10 minutes srub your face in the circular motion and wash it off.
This paste is good to get rid of tan. By applying this paste weekly will get you clean, clear and soft skin.
7. Rose Water + Saffron
- Soak a few strands of saffron in rose water and soak it for half an hour
- Use a cotton ball and apply it on your face
- And after drying, wipe it off with a wet cloth
This mixture helps in getting dull free and wrinkles free skin. Apply this mixture twice a week for a better toning effect.
8. Ghee + Saffron
- take some ghee and put some saffron strands in it
- Apply it on face and massage for a few minutes and leave it for 10 minutes
- then wipe it off with a wet cloth
This mixture is a great moisturizer. It is also a good toner for your skin.
All the above face packs are so Beneficial. Although saffron is so expensive, these face packs will help you in getting rid of many skin problems. It is always essential to take care of your skin. So, try the above face packs for better results.
STAY HEALTHY AND LOOK BEAUTIFUL.