Winters, chilling season it can be a menace to dry skinned people. Not only for them it can be a menace to all skinned types. Everybody wants to have healthy skin. And healthy skin is as important as any other organ of our body. If dry skin left untreated it can spread to cause infection, which I think nobody wants.
So what causes dry skin? dry skin which is also called xerosis mainly caused by environmental factors and some of the habits we have. As I mentioned, dry skin is often temporary often caused in winters, it may also be permanently based on your health condition. symptoms of dry skin can be roughness of your skin, rough scaling, irritation, deep cracks, and sometimes redness.
if at all it is temporary, you can get a healthy skin back just by following homemade natural remedies. if you feel you have a permanent issue, it is better to consult a doctor.
So let us get started for some natural homemade remedies for dry skin in winter.
Natural Remedies for Winter Dry Skin
1. wheat flour+ turmeric( Haldi) + mustard oil + water
- firstly take a bowl, take about four tablespoons of wheat flour, half a tablespoon of Haldi, one tablespoon of mustard oil and mix all of them to form a paste using water.
- apply it on your face and let it dry, then srub in circular motions and leave it for 15 minutes
- wash it off using lukewarm water.
this scrub helps in rejuvenating and restoring the skin cells. one of the ingredients wheat flour is used in rejuvenating and restoring the skin. it has the same effect on all skin types. and the other ingredient mustard oil which is Vitamin E rich helps in moisturizing your skin and also helps in bringing radiant and glowing skin.
2. Honey + Milk
- take a bowl and in it put 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 teaspoons of milk.
- mix it well and apply it on your face and neck area
- leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water
honey is an excellent humectant, it absorbs moisture. dry skin lacks moisture and it is best in getting moisture back thereby making your skin soft and smooth. and coming to milk it helps in getting back lost oils making skin smooth and moisturized.
3. Coconut oil
- take a tablespoon of coconut oil in a bowl
- apply on your face by your fingers by moving it in a circular motion
- do it for 5 minutes both in the morning and night
- Then wipe it off using a cloth
it helps in the increase of collagen production and tightens your skin. coconut oil helps in keeping your skin hydrated so make sure to use it daily at least once, best if used during night time and sleep.
4. Honey + Oatmeal + Olive oil
- take a bowl which is half-filled with honey and to it add four tablespoons of oatmeal and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- mix all of them properly
- and then apply all the areas where you feel you need to get rid of dry skin.
- apply it in a circular motion to go deeply into skin
- then after 10 minutes wash it off using lukewarm water
one of the ingredient oatmeal has many benefits, it helps n soaking oils. its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help in treating dry skin and it helps in the removal of dead cells. it is also a good exfoliator it deeply cleans the skin as well. and olive oil is also humectant as honey apart from that olive oil contains lots of minerals like vitamin E, vitamin K and some antioxidants which have anti-aging properties.
5. Avocado + Milk + Honey
- Initially, take half an avocado and grind it to form a paste
- take a bowl and take one tablespoon fo the crushed avocado paste, to it add one tablespoon of milk, on a tablespoon of honey
- mix all the ingredients properly
- apply it on your face in circular motions and leave it for 10 minutes
- and then wash it off using lukewarm water
avocado soothes skin, it helps in moisturizing, nourishment, and softens your skin. milk and honey benefits we have already seen they are very good benefits for dry skin.
6. Black Tea + Lemon juice + Honey + Vegetable oil
- take a bowl in it add one tablespoon of liquid black tea, one tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of any vegetable oil
- mix all of them well
- apply it on dry skin and left it for around for 20 minutes
- wash it off using lukewarm water
black tea helps in getting moisture thereby getting refreshed and rejuvenated skin. it also adds instant glow and also removes impurities from your skin. vegetable oils which are emollients that help in soothing and softening skin.
7. Banana + Milk
- take a half banana, peel it, and cut it into pieces.
- add the pieces in a bowl and mash it off
- add to it one tablespoon of milk
- and mix it well and apply it on the face and neck area
- leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off using lukewarm water
Banana is rich in potassium, which helps in hydrating and removing damaged cells. it contains Vitamin E and vitamin A to protect from free radicals and to moisturize & even your skin tone respectively.
8. Sunflower oil
- take a tablespoon of oil and apply it on your face and arms wherever there is dry skin
- apply it in circular motions and do it for 5 minutes at night for better results
Sunflower oil is the best calmer, it enhances skin moisture. it is highly beneficial for dry and sensitive skin types. it is preferred to use it once in a day during night time.
Apart from using natural homemade remedies follow some of the instructions in winters to avoid dry skin as dry skin may also be caused by various factors like using harsh soaps and also because of the harsh environment.
- make sure to be in as shower for less than 10 minutes and use lukewarm water to bath instead of hot water
- wear clothes which cover your whole skin as cold breeze enhances dry skin as they take out moisture from your skin
- it is recommended to use gloves when washing clothes or washing utensils as it acts as a protector from extremely cold water
- coming to soaps and cleansing agents use very gentle ones as harsh soaps may leave scaling problem
STAY HEALTHY AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!!