It is said that you are what you eat. Your health depends on what you eat. So it is necessary to have a good diet. Because if you will not eat well then chances are you will lose weight. On the other hand, if you will eat too much you will gain a lot of weight. That is certainly not a good thing to have.
Especially if you gain weight by eating junk foods then the situation is even worse. The more you gain weight the more you become dependent on others. Because once you have gained weight then your body will have many types of illness and it will interrupt your wellness and eventually make you dependent on others.
Weight gain is not a big problem than having low immunity. You can have some extra pounds of weight while keeping your immunity strong. Immunity is basically a part of our body that resists viruses and other illness particles to affect our bodies. In other words, they are warriors of our bodies.
And when you feed junk food to these warriors they become lazy and it will no longer able to secure your system from illness and disease. So it is advisable and needed to keep your immune system strong to stay healthy. You should eat healthy to achieve good immunity. Here is a list of foods you can eat to improve your immunity.
What To Eat For Better Immunity
There are certain foods available that can boost your immunity. You should increase the use of it with your meals and it will help you for sure.
1. Citrus Fruits
- People who lack vitamin C often caught to cold.
- Vitamin C helps to build up the immune system.
- Vitamin C increases the production of white blood cells in the body.
- Citrus fruits like orange, lemons, tangerines, limes are the best source of vitamin C.
- Vitamin C fights against infections.
- Our body doesn’t produce vitamin C so we have to take it regularly.
- You can easily squeeze any citrus fruit in your meal and it will make your meal rich with vitamin C.
2. Red Bell Peppers
- If you do not want to add vitamin C in your body via citrus fruits or if you are finding a better alternative for vitamin C then you should go for red bell peppers.
- Red bell peppers have twice the amount of vitamin C than citrus fruits.
- It is also a good source of beta carotene.
- Vitamin C boosts your immunity but it also helps to maintain healthy skin.
- Carotene is also useful for healthy eyes and skin.
- Broccoli is packed with vitamins and minerals.
- It has vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E as well as many other antioxidants and fiber.
- It is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat.
- You should eat it raw for maximum benefit.
- You should cook it as little as possible to keep its power intact.
- It is good to eat for better immunity.
- When it comes to adding taste in your food garlic is the best ingredient to add.
- Garlic is must-have food to improve immunity.
- Garlic also helps lower blood pressure and slows down the hardening of the arteries.
- Garlic contains sulfur and allicin which makes it effective to boost immunity.
- You should add garlic to your meals.
- Ginger is very good in many ways.
- It helps to decrease inflammation and decrease nausea.
- It is used in meals and also effective to boost your immune system.
- It also helps to lower cholesterol.
- It is also another source of vitamin C.
- It is packed with antioxidants and beta carotene.
- Antioxidants and beta carotene helps to increase the infection-fighting ability of our immune systems.
- You should eat it raw for maximum benefit.
- If you cook it a little then it will enhance its vitamin A.
- Yogurt helps the immune system to fight with diseases.
- You should eat plain yogurt rather than flavored yogurt with sugar.
- You can sweeten plain yogurt yourself with healthy fruits or you can use honey.
- It is the best source of vitamin D.
- Vitamin D helps to regulate the immune system.
- Yogurt is good to eat for better immunity.
- Vitamin C and vitamin E both are useful to fight with cold.
- Vitamin E is essential for a better immune system.
- It is called a fat-soluble vitamin, it means that it requires the presence of fat to be absorbed properly.
- Almonds are packed with vitamin and healthy fats.
- A handful amount of almonds is enough to complete the daily need of vitamin E.
- Most of the time turmeric is used as the main ingredient in curries.
- But this spice is also used as an anti-inflammatory in treating arteries.
- It can help to decrease muscle damage done by exercise.
- It is must add spice to your meals for better immunity.
10. Green Tea
- Green teas and black teas are packed with
- Green tea helps to increase immunity because it has a powerful antioxidant called EGCG.
- Green tea is also a good source of amino acid L-theanine.
- It is a good habit to drink green tea every day. It can be difficult to start but once you will keep drinking it for a week, you will start noticing its healthy benefits.
- You can complete your daily vitamin C intake by eating a single papaya.
- Papaya is rich in vitamin C.
- Papayas also have a digestive enzyme called papain.
- Papain works as an anti-inflammatory.
- Papaya also has a good amount of potassium, vitamin B, and folate.
- It has lots of natural nutrients like vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, and potassium.
- Vitamin C boosts white blood cells to fight infection.
- Other nutrients of kiwi keep the rest of the body working properly.
- Kiwi is good to eat for better immunity.
- Blueberries are packed with antioxidants that help to prevent coughs and colds.
- It has plenty of vitamins including vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, dietary fiber, and manganese.
- Blueberries contain flavonoids. It is a type of antioxidant that can help reduce damage to cells and boost your immune system.
Eating right is a great way to boost your immune system. If you eat the above-mentioned healthy food, then your body will not catch the flu, cold or other illnesses.