Winters are here and with it come the dry skin. Dry and breaking skin can be very irritating for us. So it needs lots of pampering in order to keep it hydrated, lustrous and bright. What better then honey to bring back the bright skin back.
Honey is something which is found in every household and in every kitchen. As honey has some very nice anti-bacterial qualities which makes it very useful for our skin and for our health as well. Treatments of acne, Dry skin, complexion boost, slow aging and keeping smooth texture of skin are some of the main advantages of applying honey in our daily routine.
There are various benefits of honey:
- Gentle exfoliator
- Lightens skin tone
- Slows down the aging
- Useful in sun burns
- Adds a natural glow
Here we have curated some tips for you to pamper your skin keeping in mind that honey is one of the main ingredients in it.
15 Ways to Use Honey to pamper your skin
1. Honey and coffee
As Honey has some very nice smoothening properties in it, it can make your skin smooth like feather. So mix some coffee powder and honey in it. But do make sure that you don’t have any allergies from honey.
Apply this pack on your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then with the help of some water, wash your face and let it dry up naturally.
2. Honey, vegetable oil and lemon
If you have very dry skin and wants to get rid of those dry patches apply the pack mentioned below. It will help you get rid of the dryness instantly.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Put 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in it.
- For some clearing effect put some drops of lemon juice. Mix it all well.
- Apply this paste and leave it to dry up for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
You will instantly know the difference in the texture of your skin. Use this pack twice a week to have a longer effect on your skin.
3. Jojoba Oil and Honey
Well to make honey act as a moisturiser and also acts as a skin cleanser.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Honey and mix it with the jojoba oil.
- Use this as a moisturiser or also as a makeup remover.
This will work for your skin majorly as a cleanser.
4. Honey for acne
As we all are aware that acne can be treated with the help of honey. So we should know how to apply it in order to have an acne free skin
- Take some lavender oil or olive oil.
- Use 1 teaspoon of honey.
- With the help of the cotton dab this mixture on your affected area or on your whole face, completely depends on you.
- Leave it there for 10 minutes precisely.
- Use this Mixture every day.
You will be able to see the difference. That breakout of acne you had will no longer have place on your face. You can have an acne free skin.
5. Honey as exfoliator
- Use 2 spoons of honey.
- Mix it with 1 spoon of baking soda.
- Mix them well.
- Apply this on your face in circular motion.
- Remember to rub gently.
- Rinse well.
6. Honey with raw milk
As it is said by our elders and also research proves it that honey can slow down the aging. Well the magic tonic is not so difficult to prepare.
- Take 1 spoon of honey.
- Use raw milk and add it to the honey.
- Apply this mixture once a day every day.
- You will find your skin will be wrinkle free and you will have a natural glow on your skin that you wanted so badly.
7. Honey with Aloe vera
We get sunburns all over our face which can cause a lot of inflammation and have some burning effect as well. So here is the remedy to it.
- Use some aloe vera gel
- Mix it with the honey.
- Apply this pack on your face or on the affected area.
You will see the effect in some days. Both the ingredients have proven to be very useful for our skin and health.
8. Honey for our chapped lips
Well for our chapped lips, plain and pure honey can itself do a lot of magic. Just apply some honey on your lips and leave it overnight.
Honey will get absorbed in your lips. You can feel that your lips are not chapped anymore and you have proper moisture in your lips. See its not so difficult, just pure honey can also do the magic.
9. Honey for whitening effect
Well we all want a skin tone which is not dark, if not fair. So in order to get a lighter skin tone, people go around using different kinds of creams and lotions and powders. Hey, use me. Honey has some natural ingredients which can help you get a lighter skin tone.
- Use honey and apply it with some yoghurt mixed with it.
- Dab it on your skin and let it stay there for at least 20 minutes.
Use this paste on your skin at least 4 times in a week. You can get a lighter skin tone if you are consistent with the application of this paste.
10. Body moisturizer
- Take 2 cups of honey
- mix it with ½ cup grape seed oil,
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened grated chocolate
- 2 cups of kosher salt evenly to form a thick consistency paste.
Apply this all over your skin for
11. Honey as a facewash
Well we are using honey as a moisturiser, as a SPF then why not as a face wash.
Well this face wash is very easy to make.
- 1 teaspoon of honey with juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons of water.
- Wash your face gently with this mixture .
You will get a skin texture which is very even and you will have a radiant skin that would shine naturally.
12. Honey as a cream
As easy and breezy as it sounds, its very simple also. No involving any other ingredients as well.
Just apply honey on the rashes on your skin. Honey will heal those rashes. Remove after 5 minutes. You will find that you have an ease at your rash.
13. Honey with almond
Almonds can keep our skin smooth and with the presence of Vitamin E it is even more essential as it keeps the blemishes away from us.
- Take some ground almond.
- Put 1 teaspoon of honey in it.
- Mix it well and make an even paste.
Apply this all over your face in circular motion and gently start rubbing it. You can apply this all over your body. Completely depends on you. Wash it off with Luke warm water and see the results after applying it twice in a week.
14. Papaya with Honey
Well here, we are creating a scrub for your face, papaya with some honey in it. Due to presence of anti-inflammatory properties papaya is termed to be useful for skin.
- Take some pieces of papaya in a bowl.
- Accordingly, put honey in it.
- Mash it well and apply it on your face.
Wash it off gently with normal water. You can see the results instantly.
15. Honey with lemon juice
Lemon juice has citric acid in it which can lighten our skin tone.
- Take some honey and mix it well with lemon juice.
- Apply it on your face evenly with the help of a brush.
- Keep is for 10 minutes.
For best results use it thrice in a week. You will get a lighter skin tone.
This article will help you to take care of your skin at your home as these ingredients are there sitting in your kitchen, you just have to look. While making these packs please make sure that you don’t have honey related allergies or any other kinds which involves the products mentioned above.
Have a great day pampering yourself.
You’ll also like:
- Easy Makeup Tips That Every Makeup Lover Should Know
- 15 Fabulous Bridal Eye Makeup Ideas for Your Big Day
- Indian Bridal Makeup Looks Popular in this Wedding Season
- Women Patchwork Dresses: Carry Your Own Style
- Blouse Back Neck Design Cutting & Stitching Tutorials