Hair is something that has the key potential to change your overall look and personality. People have different types of hair and hair structures. And hairstyles differ from peer to peer. When we style our hair we have different types of styling tools from comb to hairdryer. We use many products in hairs and then after that, we finally got our desired hairstyle. Here is a thing to notice that any other tool does.t comes in direct contact with hairs as your hairbrush.
A hairbrush is a tool that styles your hairs nice and fast most of the time. There are many types of brushes such as detangling brush, cushion brush, thermal brush, nylon bristle brush, curved brush, natural bristle brush, mixed bristle brush, paddle brush, vented brush and many more. Different types of brushes are used with different types of hairs to achieve different types of hairstyles.
Hairbrushes are important when it comes to style your hair but most of the time people never clean their hairbrushes or even if they do they do not fully clean it. This is an important thing to do. One can’t use a single brush whole life without cleaning it.
Why you should clean the hairbrush regularly?
You probably don’t know when you last cleaned your hairbrush. And you are not alone; most of the people never cleaned their hairbrush. Cleaning hairbrush is a hygiene issue. You should clean everything regularly that you use on your skin or hair.
You apply different types of products and oils on the hair and then comb it. But you won’t notice that most of the time your product or any oil that you use will get stuck with your hairbrush and by the time it will be too much. Also, there will be dead skin cells, dust mites, lint, dust, and the natural oils from your hair that will get stuck to your hairbrush. And these all particles will make your hairbrush into a breeding ground for bacteria and yeast and that is not good. If you will continue using that hairbrush full of bacteria on your hairs than chances are by the time you will lose the texture and shine of your hair. And then to make your hair look good and shiny you have to use plenty of other products.
Another good reason to clean your hairbrush regularly is to keep your hair healthy and good looking. It is obvious that your hair will not look good if you will use a hairbrush that is covered in hair, hair products, and hair oil. So every time you use that brush after a shower you eventually make your good looking clean hair to look less clean and oily.
To keep hair clean, you should wash your hairbrush regularly. Cleaning your brush can be a huge advantage in making your hairs look good.
How to clean your hairbrush?
Many people out there don’t know how to clean a hairbrush and mostly that is the reason they never cleaned it. Yes, it may sound ridiculous but it is true. There are no particular rules about how often you should clean a hairbrush. It depends on the types of products you use on your hair.
If you are someone that uses styling creams, gels, or hairspray regularly then you should clean your hairbrush once a week. If you do not use mush products in your hair then cleaning your hairbrush every 2 to 3 weeks will be ideal.
Cleaning hairbrush is an easy process and it doesn’t take much time. And once you know how to clean your hairbrush then it will be easier next time.
Things you will need
- Warm water
- Gentle shampoo
- baking soda
- Old toothbrush
Steps to follow
- first of all, grab your scissors and cut any hair that is trapped between bristles.
- you can use a thin comb or you can also use a bamboo skewer to remove hairs fro hairbrush
If you want to clean a sturdy plastic brush then the following method is the best.
- if you are cleaning a plastic brush that has no wooden or natural fibers or natural materials then it will be quick and easy.
- grab a large bowl and add 4 cups of hot water in it.
- then add 1 tbsp gentle shampoo and 1 tbsp of baking soda with it.
- you can skip adding baking soda if your brush is less used.
- submerge your plastic brush in the bowl and wait for them to soak for 20 minutes.
- after 20 minutes grab your old toothbrush and scrub the base and bristles of your hairbrush for a few minutes.
- one you notice that your brush is clean then wash the brush with fresh or cool water.
- then simply let the hairbrush dry.
If you want to clean plastic/metal brush then you can use the following method.
- you can use this method to clean different types of brushes like paddle brushes, round brushes, and wet brushes.
- grab a bowl and add 1 tbsp of shampoo and 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- add 1/2 cup of hot water in it and swish it around until it mixes completely.
- grab your old toothbrush and dip it into the mixture and apply it to the bristles and base of the hairbrush.
- brush gently and thoroughly. and then clean the hairbrush with clean water.
If you want to clean wooden/natural brush then use the following method.
- grab a bowl and add 1/2 cup of hot water in it.
- add the tree tea oil and stir.
- dip the toothbrush in a cleaning solution and use it to gently brush on bristles and base of the hairbrush.
- avoid using too much water mixture.
- wipe your hairbrush with a clean and dry cloth after cleaning is done.
You can’t use one brush for a long time even if you keep cleaning it regularly. Once you start to see missing or bent bristles or when you find yourself unable to clean those bristles then it is the time to replace your hairbrush.
Bad and stinky hairbrush can ruin your fabulous hair. Cleaning hairbrush is something that is important but very few people doing it. But now you know why you should clean it. So make it a habit to clean your brush every 2 weeks and that will keep your hairs and your hairbrush healthy.