Whenever winter comes many of us get nightmares of Dandruff! Are you afraid of winter Dandruff and hair fall problems? Winter comes with many joyous events along with evil. That is dandruff, hair fall, and split ends. While blaming only winter for this will be partiality. If we take good care of our hair in winter, then we will not face such hair problems.
Then what hair care should we have to take? How can we achieve this? Don’t worry, we understand your Dilemma. We are here to give you some winter hair care tips. Winter hair problems are not that much serious but are equally important for us to manage them. First, let us understand about reasons for hair care problems.
Winter-Dandruff the evil Pair
During winter, there is a drastic loss in humidity and moisture. Due to inadequacy of moisture, skin, as well as scalp, becomes dry. This dryness results in a flaky scalp which ultimately leads to dandruff. Along with this, unhygienic hair care may lead to scalp infection of fungus called Malassezia that supports dandruff to multiply on your head.
In winter, we feel less thrust. So we don’t drink sufficient water. Drinking less water leads to dehydration, and dehydration is one of the key reasons for dandruff in cold weather.
The cold weather may be aggressive to your scalp. Cold weather makes the scalp dry and flaky. With a dry scalp comes dry hair which tends to more fall of hairs in cold weather. The dry, cold air naturally takes away moisture from your scalp and hairs. Due to this hair tends to be more damaged. Ends of hairs become more prone to develop split ends. It is essential to treat winter hair
problems with the right hair care products and follow the right hair care tips. Don’t let your precious and adorable hairs suffer because of the winter. Try these winter hair care tips to guard your hair from weather change problems.
- Protect your head and hair with a silk layered hat or scarp- Hat or scarp act as a barrier between winter dry, chilly winds and our scalp. It is the shield of your head. Our hair is more prone to damage when it is exposed to cold and dry wind. So always try to protect your head with silk or frictionless hat or scarp. Silk is preferentially recommended because, if the innermost layer of the hat Or scarp is silk layered then it will avoid friction and static forces.
- Select the right shampoo by considering your hair type and outside weather changes- Cleaning your hair and scalp with the right shampoo according to your hair type goes a long way to reduce hair fall.
- Decrease frequency of shampooing-Increased frequency of hair washing with shampoo may strip out oil from the scalp. This leads to a further rise in hair damage, flakiness, and irritation. In winter, try to wash your hair a maximum of twice a week.
- Use antidandruff Haircare products- Dandruff is most embarrassing for all of us. And in winter dandruff will come to irritating
- Avoid frizzy Hairs by using deep conditioner- Most of us make the mistake of not applying conditioner after shampoo is. A thick creamy conditioner prepared from natural oils helps to nourish your middle shaft and end of hairs. Which helps to make hairs freeze-free. So Never skip the conditioner at least during cold weather. Use a thick, creamy conditioner containing natural oils
- Limit Heat styling hair products-Rather than using heat styling products to instantly dry your hair, you should always let it naturally dry out to avoid hair falling in cold weather. Using heat-styling hair products increases the chances of hair fall and hair damage. Do you like regular hair styling? But regular styling with iron rods and straighteners may cause hair damage. So try to limit the use of iron rods and hair straighteners as much as possible.
- Don’t hesitate to apply oil or serum–Oiling will help to keep the winter airs away from your scalp and hair. Every time you wash your hair, you should apply suitable oil. A warm oil massage with nourishing hair oils like coconut and olive oils is very beneficial to deal with dandruff and hair fall. These oils penetrate the hair shaft and keep the hair moisturized. Oil massage improves blood circulation to the scalp and nourishes the hair follicles. This stimulates new hair growth. Using organic sesame oil, coconut oil, almond oil can give you the hair which you desire.
- Take lukewarm water shower-Excessive hot water showers can absorb all the moisture, making your hair dry, dull, and prone to breakage. Always try to prefer lukewarm showers to avoid the flaky scalp. If possible, pour some room temperature or cold water as a last rinse.
- Stay Hydrated- keeping hairs moisturized and hydrated by external remedies is equally as important as staying hydrated. When you are hydrated from within, then there will be a balance of moisture loss. Hydration also helps to remove harsh toxins. Also regulates healthy blood circulation. Because of this, Hair gets proper nourishment and moisture. Staying Hydrated help us to avoid dry, dull, damaged hair problem. To maintain proper oil-water balance, don’t cut down on water and load up on healthy fats like almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, and more.
- Reduce frequency of hair washing- Excessively washing of hairs may lead to dry scalp. So limit your hair washing frequency not more than 2 times a week.
- Dry your hair naturally with help of a silk towel-if you leave your hair wet for a long time, it becomes cold in this chilly cold weather. As a result, the hair shaft expands, making it very prone to breakage and developing split ends. So It is always recommended to dry your hair naturally with help of a soft silk towel. Cotton may create electrostatic force with hairs leading to hair damage. So try to protect your hair from such static forces.
Beneficial Haircare Products
- Shampoos: Choose your hair care product wisely according to your hair type. Dandruff is the biggest problem of winter so select mild antidandruff sulfate-free shampoo. Also, look for antifungal activity in it. Herbal ingredients like snowflake tree extracts, Bhringraj extracts, neem extract help to avoid fungus infection as well as dandruff. Moisturising and hydrating ingredients like aloe vera, coconut, and orchids will help to protect against hair damage.
- Conditioners: conditioners with the goodness of Vitamin H, Moroccan Argan oil and silk proteins help to moisturize dry hair. This will help to avoid freezy hair.
Be Gentle to your hair. This winter doesn’t allow damage to your prestigious hairs. This winter Be wise and take a little bit extra care of your beautiful hair.
- Is Sweet Potato Good For Hair Growth?
- Ayurvedic Way to Reduce Hair Fall
- Pros and Cons of Ironic Blow Hair Dryers
- Why You Should Not Use Hair Conditioner?
- Spinach For Hair Growth – Benefits, Side Effects (Precautions), How To Use/Apply