Every girl who has dyed or brightened her hair will eventually face the problem of discoloration and unpleasant yellowing. It can be really difficult to get the shade of blonde, gray, or white hair you want.
This raises the question – how to get rid of yellow hair?
Fortunately, you may be able to get rid of yellowness in your hair naturally. If you have blond hair, try lightening it with lemon juice. If you have blond, gray or white hair, use an apple cider vinegar rinse or a baking soda-hydrogen peroxide paste. Once you get yellow, you can keep it from coming back with a few changes to your personal care routine.
But it is also important to know, what are the reasons for its appearance. So let’s try to understand it.
Best Tools That Will Help You Get Rid Of Yellow Hair
Read More: How Choose the Right Shampoo For Your Hair Type
Reasons For Yellowness
The most common reasons are:
- Incorrect color or poor quality dyeing materials. If you want to do without yellowness – do not buy shop clarifies. Believe me, the paints for 300 rubles will not turn you into a platinum blonde.
- Violation of the dyeing procedure The most common mistake is the failure to comply with the time limits of dyeing. If you dye your hair at home, you probably watch how the process of clarification is going. And as soon as your hair becomes orange under the influence of a lightener, you panic and wash off the composition of the hair without waiting for complete bleaching. The result is a yellowish shade of hair that will appear over and over again.
- Exposure to UV rays even on the darkest days, our skin and hair are affected by ultraviolet light. Under the influence of the UV rays of the cuticle, the hair opens, losing its pigment. To avoid this, apply sunscreen to your hair in all weather.
- Choosing a lighter that is too weak for the original hair color. Probably, the cleaner is chosen by you simply cannot cope with that color of hair that you wear now.
- The use of excessively mineralized water when rinsing. After the dyeing procedure itself, hair becomes more exposed to external factors. Tap water contains a lot of impurities, such as iron and chlorine, which adversely affect the condition of even unpainted and healthy hair. You can avoid water damage by buying a tap filter or a special showerhead.
- Shampoos with sulfates are capable to wash out toning means, and after all, toner does your hair with ashes, honey, or gold. So give up these products in favor of softer ones.
- Alcohol in sprays and foams Avoid hair products that contain alcohol, it can reward you with a greenish shade of blond hair.
- Dark hair colors the question of how to get rid of yellowish hair, more often than not asked girls with dark hair. This pigment is quite difficult to eliminate because of its saturation. After a number of procedures, a yellow hue remains.
- The manifestation of keratin itself has a yellow hue. During the dyeing procedure, it is partially removed, but over time it appears again, giving the hair a yellow color.
- All these reasons eventually lead to the fading of the colored color and the appearance of yellowish hair. After dyeing, it is best to consult a specialist on how to get rid of yellow hair. It is he who, based on the condition of the hair, will help you to choose a remedy that is suitable for a particular situation.
Read More: Spinach For Hair Growth – Benefits, Side Effects (Precautions), How To Use/Apply
Means To Help Get Rid Of Yellow Hair
After the dyeing procedure, it is best to use professional tools that will prevent the question “How to get rid of yellow hair? Among the most popular products we can highlight:
- “Alchemist by Davines. Allows you to achieve the desired platinum color and other cold shades. Continence is liquid and has a pale purple hue. Davines produces cosmetics for salons so the product “Alchemist” contains both parabens and sulfates. The manufacturer promises that thanks to the substances it contains, it strengthens and restores the hair.
- Color Therapy by Biosilk. Helps to preserve the color and fix the result. Helps to restore the hair after dyeing. However, many people complain about the abundance of silicones in the product, which can damage the scalp.
- Forever Blonde by Paul Mitchell. Sulphate-free can be used with every wash of hair and does not irritate the skin. If used correctly, it permanently displays yellow color. It has a pale, pearlescent shade, it is well washed.
- Color Fresh from Wella Professionals. Color refresher. This product is able to both relieve and prevent the appearance of yellowness. There are complaints about the dryness of the hair after use, not always a good shade.
- Essence Ultime from Schwarzkopf. Suitable for removing unpleasant consequences after staining. The result can be seen after the first application. It has a pronounced perfume aroma, some people think it is too heavy and “evening”. Recommended for dry and exhausted hair. According to some reviews, hair is not washed well (due to a large number of silicones in the composition, which creates a feeling of softness and smoothness of the hair), so they are quickly greased. Contains sulfates but does not contain parabens. It also contains keratin and panthenol. Price – 450 rubles
- Blond Explosion from Concept. One of the best among the budget shampoos with professional action. It is in great demand all over the world. It is worth using with caution because of the presence of purple pigment. Liquid, shampoo color-saturated purple (eggplant). Neutralizes yellowness and redhead.
- Mousse “Color activator” from Syoss. Means of mass-market. Conveniently applied, does not stain the bathroom and clothes. Allows giving hair a pearl shade. The big and long effect is observed in the use of shampoo from the same series. It can be applied after each washing of hair. Do not damage the hair.
- All these means will help to get rid of unwanted shades of hair, but it is worth remembering that each of them should be used only after consultation with a specialist.
1. How do I get rid of yellow hair?
To get rid of yellow hair, there are a few things you can do. First, you can try using a purple shampoo or conditioner twice a week to help neutralize any yellow tones in your hair. You can also use a toner to help reduce yellow tones or try a hair gloss treatment to add shine and neutralize any yellow hues. Lastly, you can use a clarifying shampoo every few weeks to help remove any build-up that could be causing yellowing.
2. What are the best products for removing yellow hair?
The best products for removing yellow hair depend on the type and condition of your hair. For light yellow tones, purple shampoo can help to neutralize the yellow and restore your hair to its natural color. For more stubborn yellow tones, a toning shampoo can help to reduce the brassiness. Bleaching products can also be used to lighten hair but should be used with caution as they can be damaging. If your hair is already damaged, it is best to consult a professional stylist for the best treatment.
3. What are some natural remedies for yellow hair?
There are several natural remedies that can be used to help restore yellow hair to its natural color. One of the most popular remedies is to mix equal parts apple cider vinegar and water. Apply this mixture to the hair and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with cold water. Another remedy is to mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and then massage it into the hair. Let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing. Finally, adding a few drops of lemon juice to your shampoo or conditioner can help to restore natural color.
4. What are the long-term effects of using chemical products to remove yellow hair?
The long-term effects of using chemical products to remove yellow hair can be quite serious. Depending on the strength of the product, the chemicals can damage the hair’s natural proteins, leaving it dry and brittle. Additionally, the chemicals can cause scalp irritation and inflammation, leading to an itchy and uncomfortable scalp. Other long-term effects include hair loss and discoloration, as well as an increased risk of developing certain skin conditions. To reduce the risk of these adverse effects, it is important to use chemical products in moderation and to follow the instructions carefully.
5. What are the most common causes of yellow hair?
Having a head of yellow hair can be a lovely sight, but it can also be a sign of something more serious. In some cases, yellow hair can be a sign of a condition known as xanthotrichia, which is caused by a deficiency of certain nutrients. In other cases, yellow hair may be caused by environmental factors, such as exposure to certain chemicals. In this article, we will discuss the most common causes of yellow hair, and how you can prevent or treat them.
6. Does sunlight help remove yellow hair?
Sunlight can help to remove some of the yellow tones from your hair. Natural sunlight contains UV rays that can help to neutralize yellow tones in the hair shaft. To use this natural remedy, simply spend some time in the sun with your hair exposed. Keep in mind that spending too much time in the sun can damage your hair, so it’s best to limit your exposure. Additionally, you can try a purple shampoo or purple toning conditioner to help neutralize yellow tones in your hair.
Follow K4 Fashion on Instagram for the latest updates from the fashion world. Stay tuned!
(Reviewed by Dr. Sarika)
You’ll also like:
- How Choose the Right Shampoo For Your Hair Type
- Is Sweet Potato Good For Hair Growth?
- Ayurvedic Way to Reduce Hair Fall
- Pros and Cons of Ironic Blow Hair Dryers
- Why You Should Not Use Hair Conditioner?