Have you ever been a Bob Marley fan dreaming of dreadlocks like him? You’re not alone, even stars are sometimes tempted by the prospect of showing off their rebellious hair. But when it comes to Locs, most people either know a lot about it or absolutely nothing. Dreadlocks have become increasingly popular throughout society and if you’ve decided to experiment with hair, it’s worth learning all about dreadlocks. And we, as usual, will help you with this.
The Whole Truth And Myths About Dreadlocks
Varieties Of Dreads
Dreads of Dreads are divided before you run to the master, decide which one you want.
Safe. Such dreadlocks are woven out of a cantilever and they seem to be stretched on curls like a stocking. Therefore, they are considered to be the safest for hair, they can be removed without any risk if you are tired. But the cantilever does not tolerate drying with a hair dryer and quickly turns into a sponge.
Dangerous. Classic dreadlocks that are woven from your own hair, and your hair should not be less than 10 centimeters. What is the danger? And the fact that it is almost unrealistic to weave dangerous dreadlocks without damaging your hair is easier to cut. By the way, unpleasant feelings are waiting for you during the weave.
Quilts. The technology is similar to safe technology, as it is dressed on the hair, as covers. Very easy to remove, but not enough popular, as the head look unnatural.
Double. It’s a mixture of your own hair and a cantilever, woven together in a spiral.
Industrial. Mounted on a wire frame, often sticking out in different directions. Uncomfortable, as during sleep the frame presses on a head.
Dreads: Weaving techniques
Yes, weaving dreadlocks is not an easy task, only for professionals. There are several ways to distinguish between them:
1. Hook or string. According to this technology dread is formed by hands, literally dumping it down, without touching the tip. Then the rest of the tail is pulled with a hook or string through the dredge that has fallen off. So you can get very tight and, most importantly, long-term dreadlocks.
2. Manual or “woolen” method. The master, armed with woolen mittens, works on each buckle until it turns into a dread, and then treats it with wax.
3. Combing. The dreads are literally made of tangles, soaked in wax and then combed with a narrow comb.
4. Twisting. At the moment, the easiest method for which only wax and patience of a helper is required. The hair is then divided into equal-volume strands, and then each strand is twisted in a spiral and waxed. And, though it is forbidden to wash a head about a month (!), this design is considered durable enough.
Dreads: How To Take Care Of
To make the dreadlocks look even, they need to be rolled up every day. To do this, they are rotated from root to tip with their fingers.
You will have to wash your hair less often than usual. It is recommended that you do this no more than once every 10 days, but forget about the use of shampoos and conditioners – their dreadlocks are afraid. Experts advise to use soap or tar shampoo, which can be purchased at a regular pharmacy.
In a month or two you should appear at the master for correction to tuck in the broken hairs and weave the grown roots. If you have dreads of felt or cannel, they should be removed and replaced with new ones once in 2-3 months.
Have you noticed that the dreadlocks grow together? Don’t be afraid, just gently divide them with your fingers. But don’t forget to consult your master to correct your hair care.
Dreadlocks : How To Remove
This process can be quite painful for the hair. But contrary to popular belief, you won’t have to shave your hair. Dreadlocks can be combed, although it’s a long and hard process. Your hair will need to be repaired after removal of the dreadlocks, consult your master and use all his advice on care.
You can create a variety of hairstyles with dreadlocks, as well as decorate them with all kinds of accessories.
You’ll also like:
- Look Into These Interesting Hairstyles Around The Globe
- Look Glamorous In These Trending Women Hairstyles
- Rihanna’s Hairstyles: Flaunt Your Hair In Queen’s Style
- Most Hated Men’s Hairstyles Of All Time
- Pigtail Hairstyles and Braids for 2022