We all know what is scalp? But very few about today’s one of the rising problem and that is scalp acne. Well, definite some of you have already known this. We know, who don’t know scalp acne, would have many questions like, what is scalp acne? What are causes of it? How can you treat them? Sometimes, the medicine or product we take to decrease or reduce the problem, enhances it. So, we mostly suggest people to go with home remedies and experience results. We will also suggest you some homemade remedies for scalp acne which will help you to come out of the problem. Before these remedies, have a look upon related questions.
What is scalp acne?
Have you noticed, the moment when combing your hair and all of sudden; you come to notice that there is a pimple. However, if you are also facing the same problem then you are not alone to struggle with this. Scalp acne looks exactly they look on other areas of your skin. They can be like pimples, zits, non-inflammatory acne. There are some types of organisms that cause this inflammation includes: Fungus, mites, Straphylococcus epidermidis and some others. They make you feel uncomfortable while combing or tie your hair. The only best thing about these acne is that can’t be seen from outside.
What are the causes of scalp acne?
So, there are many reasons of having scalp acne and may you have your different one. There are some common reasons why they occur, are mentioned below but before jumping onto causes, let’s know what happen on your scalp which led them to occur.
Scalp acne occurs when the pores or hair follicles get clogged because of bacteria, dirt and may be oil. Now, let us see what causes this:-
- As we have mentioned above, your scalp acnes are not different than acnes on any other part of your skin. When sebaceous glands produce too much sebum which is important to remain skin healthy, elastic, shiny and smooth. But excess sebum clogs the pores and led the acne breakout. This is same which happens to your face or other parts.
- The shampoo, you are currently using don’t cleans your scalp well. Because of which the dead skin or dandruff from your scalp don’t get removed. It may also don’t use to cleanse your pores and they remain clogged as earlier.
- If you stay out for most of the time but if besides it you don’t cleanse and moisturized your hair and scalp well then sweat or pollution clogged your hair follicles. In short, not cleansing hair from time to time can also lead to scalp acne. So, cleanse them from time to time.
- Overuse of gel or too much oiling can also clogs your hair follicles.
- You don’t use to wash your hair after workout.
- When you use to cover your hair for most of the time, they don’t get oxygen.
- Some medicines which contain corticosteroid and anti-epilepsy drugs, can cause scalp acne.
- Harmones are also big cause of scalp acne for some people. More production of some harmones also led to overproduction of sebum.
- Taking more stress, smoking, some hair products which don’t suits your skin type, your own skin type, bad digestion and eating lots of junk and fast food, can be some other reasons of scalp acne too.
Home remedies for scalp acne
Fenugreek + Yogurt
Do you know about the benefits of Fenugreek? If not then let me tell you, besides being an Indian spice, it is also work as healer and known for its strong inflammatory effect.
For this remedy, you will only two ingredients fenugreek (methi) and yogurt.
Take 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seed powder and 5 to 6 tablespoon yogurt ( go for plain). Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and cover the bowl and left it for minimum 2 or maximum 3 hours. You will notice, after 2 hours, the mixture will be thicken up. Apply the mixture gently onto your scalp and hair and leave it for 20 to 25 minutes, then wash with normal water. Try the remedy for at least two times a week.
Raw honey + Water + Apple Cider Vinegar
You will easily get these ingredients at your home and if not then on local stores for sure. Malic acid presents in apple cider vinegar which can help you to get rid of dead skin and can open back your hair follicles. For this remedy, you will need ingredients as mentioned above. You will need ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 cup of water, 1 tablespoon raw honey. But if you have sensitive skin and please add more water, according to need.
You don’t have to do much stuff. Just take a bowl and mix all ingredients in it properly. Massage your hair with applying this solution and leave for 3 to 4 minutes. Then wash it off with normal or cold water.
Mint + Cucumber + Honey
Yes, you have read it right. For this remedy, you will need mint, a handful of mint leaves. Mint is known for its anti-inflammatory, astringent and antiseptic properties. Mint can soothe your skin and make you feel cool. Whereas, honey will moisturized your scalp and cucumber will also soothe your skin. So, what do you have to do?
Blend some leaves of mint, half cucumber and 2 spoons of honey. Apply the juice gently onto your scalp. After application leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it with cold water. You will notice the result from very first use.
Cinnamon + Honey + argan oil
For this treatment, you will need ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder, 2 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon argan oil. Apply the mixture for 30- 35 minutes and after that rinse off with warm water.
Who is unknown of garlic? Well, garlic are full of antioxidants, antiviral and anti-fungal properties. So, what you have to do? Boil 1 and ½ cup of water with 4 cloves of garlic. Apply the solution for 30 minutes and rinse it off with normal water.
Skin treatments are usually not affordable, so give a trial to these remedies. Hopefully, these homemade remedies will help you to get desired results.