Summer is back again and it is definitely hitting hard this time. Summers tend to heat up the whole body and if you live in a humid area there will be a lot of sweating and this will most probably lead to dehydration.
Dehydration refers to the loss of water or fluids from the body. In mild cases, it might just start as a headache…but later on its a serious issue with loss of consciousness , vomiting and decreased blood pressure being some of the symptoms. If this occurs and is not seriously treated causes a person to go through seizures, and even organ failure and may lead a person to fall into a coma. This can be fatal too.
Symptoms of Dehydrated Skin
When we think of it, the problem of dehydration starts in the skin only if we can notice it. So, a few signs that confirm that your skin is dehydrated are:
- Skin itching: When you feel that you are scratching your skin more than regular, and are causing rashes on it. Then just touch it if your skin is rough and flaking along then you have dehydration.
- Eye sunken: Sometimes you will notice that your eyes are a bit sunken but you are sleeping on time and when you are sure there is no reason. Even the eye under circles is affected when your skin is dehydrated it becomes darker.
- Dull skin: You can feel your skin getting duller and your skin complexion becoming darker, this is because your skin is losing all the fluid and water.
- Other signs: When skin loses all its fluid most important of them water, then all the problems of the face like wrinkles, fine lines, and pimples show up.
So, there are a few ways to cope with it. Let us concentrate on it them then, that ways are:
Remedies for dehydrated skin
When we say about taking care of skin it means we have to follow all the procedures regularly to keep our skin in check.
Because all things will only work if we follow a proper skincare routine. So, the major things to be done are:
- Wash your face: You should wash your face in a gap of an hour or two. It keeps your face skin hydrated. Use a facewash that does not takes away the moisture of your skin.
- Moisturize: Keeping skin in touch with moisturization is quite important because if you want it will rather dry and dehydrate. Causing rashes and redness apply moisturizer as soon as you wash your skin.
- Sunscreen: As we know, the environment is quite harsh nowadays sun rays are really strong, and they are the major reason behind dehydration. So, before it takes away all the brightness from the face away apply sunscreen, uses ssp block according to your area.
- Avoid Makeup: On the contrary, you can do some touch-ups but doing and carrying heavy makeup can harm your skin. As it can cause rashes, irritation, and itchiness too. So, prefer light shade and lightweight makeup.
- Use face wipes: It will make your skin feel good and hydrated too. You can use it as it has a really good fragrance and it is one-time use, so take the dirt from the face and throw it out.
Face mask for dehydrated skin
When you take care of your skin well, the next thing you need to do is give skin rest and pamper it with the components that can hydrate your skin. So, a mask will provide nutrients that can help your skin while hydration is also a perk your skin gets.
Few face masks are:
1. Banana mask
Ingredients: One to two bananas, two teaspoons of honey
- Take two bananas and mash them in the bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of honey in it and mix it.
- Apply it to your face.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash your face after it dries up.
2. Tomato mask
Ingredients: Two tomatoes, one lemon
- Take both tomatoes and juice it all.
- Take lemon and juice too.
- Mix both the juice, apply it, and leave it for fifteen minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water for the best results.
3. Cucumber mask
Ingredients: one cucumber, one aloe vera leaf, or aloe vera gel
- Take a cucumber and mash it to take out its juice.
- Take aloe vera leaf and take the fresh gel out, if you don’t have a plant then use aloe vera gel.
- Blend both the materials, and apply them to your face slowly.
- Leave it for thirty minutes, then wash it with cold water for a good result.
4. Honey milk mask
Ingredients: one tablespoon honey, one-fourth cup milk, half cup of oats
- Take oats and mix them with milk. Let oats soak in milk and become a bit fluffy.
- After ten minutes add honey to it.
- Mix them well and apply them to the face.
- Keep it on your face for 30 minutes, and wash it in lukewarm water.
These masks are all made with ingredients that provide hydration to your skin. Honey is renowned material for keeping skin moisturization in check. So, you can use a slice of tomato and cucumber and put it on your eyes as they will get relaxed and hydrated too. The problem of sunken eyes will be solved.
Eat healthy, think wealthy
Remedy to dehydration to stay healthy and fit during these summers. The best thing we can do to cover up our health is to eat healthy and really tasty things. So, you can follow these ideas of eating healthy.
- Try eating salads more and by salad, we mean cucumber and tomatoes. They can help you to rehydrate and make your skin cool.
- Fruits that are full of water like watermelon and musk melon should be preferred more as they will keep you hydrated too.
- Drink 1 liter of water every hour and keep your body hydrated in a really simple way.
- Take fruit juice, but get it made fresh, do not drink the packaged one it has sugar added so it can be a great factor for dehydration to welcome dehydration.
- Start taking detoxify drink that is take one-liter water to add a lemon slice, cucumber slice, and some mint in it. It will give you some nutrients.
- Avoid eating too many nuts that can have an adverse effect on your health.
- Drink water mixed with some lemon and sugar, drink ORS too, electrolytes are really important for the body.
- Prefer taking rest from time to time.
- Take baths regularly to prevent dehydration from happening.
The deal is that you have to take care of your own, try and stay as much hydrated as possible. It will help you stay away from dehydration. Hard work can be done all time but you should not dehydrate yourself for that.
1. How can I prevent dehydrated skin?
Answer: Keep your skin properly hydrated by drinking plenty of water, limiting your caffeine and alcohol intake, and protecting your skin from the sun with a daily sunscreen. Additionally, using a moisturizing cream or lotion can help keep your skin hydrated.
2. What is the best way to treat dehydrated skin?
Answer: To treat dehydrated skin, it is important to use a moisturizer that contains ingredients that help to restore hydration, such as hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and natural oils. Additionally, you may want to use a facial mist to help replenish moisture throughout the day.
3. What are some natural remedies for dehydrated skin?
Answer: Some natural remedies for dehydrated skin include using honey, avocado, coconut oil, aloe vera, and oatmeal. These ingredients are known to help lock in moisture and provide nutrients to the skin.
4. What are the signs of dehydrated skin?
Answer: Signs of dehydrated skin include tightness, dryness, flaking, and redness. Additionally, your skin may be dull, and wrinkles and fine lines may be more noticeable.
5. What is the difference between dehydrated skin and dry skin?
Answer: Dehydrated skin is a skin condition that is caused by an imbalance in water and oil, whereas dry skin is caused by a lack of oil. Dehydrated skin can happen to any skin type and is often temporary, whereas dry skin is generally a skin type that is permanent.
Follow K4 Fashion on Instagram for the latest updates from the fashion world. Stay tuned!
(Reviewed by Dr. Samiksha Rane)
You’ll Also Like
- Rosacea On Face and Neck: Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
- How To Choose Right Soap For Your Skin Type?
- How to Detox Your Skin at Home
- Top Indian Skin Care Brands
- Winter Beauty Tips for Your Skin